Monday, August 17, 2009

Cucumber Salad

3 Tablespoons white vinegar
2 Tablespoons alcohol free soy sauce, Kikkoman is alcohol free
2 Tablespoons honey
1 to 2 Tablespoons organic grated ginger
1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
Kelp granuals to taste
1 Teaspoon black Sesame seeds, toasted
2 large cucmbers, sliced

Sprinkle the kelp granuals onto the sliced cucumbers.


Mix all the other ingredients in a small bowl and whisk them together.


Toast the sesame seeds in a hot skillet until they smell toasty and the sesame scent is very good. No oil needed, you don't want to fry them, just make them very hot until you smell it, or until you see them start to pop like tiny popcorns.


Whisk the hot sesame seeds into the dressing. Now pour the dressing over the sliced cucmbers and toss them around with a large spoon to coat them all with the dressing. Let the salad sit for at least thirty minutes before serving it, so the taste of the dressing can get into the cucmbers.



I get stomach aches from so many different things, since I lost my gall bladder, but I can eat this fat free salad all day and not get sick. Alhamdulillah. It's so very delicious too. Even my husband enjoys this salad.

3 comments:

  1. 0o0o0 yummmiii this lo0ks soo good i must try this one out,sis what is kelp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelp is sea weed. It is a very delicious salad, and sooooo simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cucumbers! I've never made them with a soy based vinegrette I'm definitely going to try this. Shukran :)

    ReplyDelete

"If it ain't simple, I don't cook it."