Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rosewater Crepe's

1 1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/3 cup Sugar in the Raw
1 tsp. rosewater
1 cup Blue Diamond almond milk
1/4 cup liquid eggwhites
1 teaspoon cornstarch
pinch of salt

Whisk the flour and sugar together very well.

Dissolve the cornstarch in a little of the milk.

Now add all of the wet ingredients and the salt and whisk together gently.

Do not over-mix.

Cover the batter and let it chill for at least 30 minutes.

You can still use it after it has been in the fridge two days.

Heat a pan, cast iron or non-stick and use a little cooking spray.

Dip 1/4 cup of batter at a time in the bottom of the pan and spread it out as thinly as you can, either by tilting the skillet around, or by gently spreading it with the back of a spoon.

Cook each one until it is golden brown on both sides.

Smear a little rose petal jelly or Nutella on each one and serve them while they are still warm and fold them or wrap them in any way you like.

This is a recipe that I really like. My husband does not care for it, but I thought it was good. For myself I would only spread rose petal jelly on them. However, a lot of people like Nutella on them. But you can really fill them with anything you please. Grape jelly and peanut butter, scrambled eggs and cheese, julienned cucumbers and a drizzle of Asian salad dressing, shredded chicken meat and barbeque sauce. They do not have to be a dessert, they can also be savory. But if you want to make savory ones, I would probably leave the rosewater out.




Mmmmmmm, I see myself craving these while I am fasting. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If it ain't simple, I don't cook it."