Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Zucchini Butter



3 medium zucchini's cut in 1 inch chunks

1 large shallot, chopped

1 large garlic clove, grated

vegeta or other seasoning

alcohol-free cooking spray


Preheat the oven at 400 F.

Spray the inside of a large [glass] cake pan with alcohol-free cooking spray.

Layer the cut squash in the bottom of the pan.

Sprinkle chopped shallot and grated garlic across the top.

Sprinkle vegeta or seasoning of your choice to suit your taste.

Cover the top of the pan tightly with aluminum foil.

Let the zucchini bake for about 30 minutes.

After removing it from the oven, leave the foil on it to keep the steam inside until ready to serve. May eat as is, or pulse it into a coarse paste in the food processor.

Serve with fresh Simple Rosemary and Olive Oil Bread. This zucchini butter will make you forget there is such a thing as cow butter! I could eat all of it myself and lick my fingers afterwards, but I share it with my husband just because I'm so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If it ain't simple, I don't cook it."